This past Wednesday, the Greenville Arts Partnership conducted it’s first Professional Development session “Art with the Green Giant” Continue reading “Kindergarten Teacher takes Professional Development Exercise into the Classroom!”
The Mississippi Arts Commission will be hosting a workshop called “Artist to Teaching Artist” with professionals from Kid smART from New Orleans. The workshop will be held on Monday, April 15th at the Woolfolk State Office Building in Jackson. Contact MAC’s Arts Education Director, Kim Whitt, for more information and to reserve your spot, email@example.com.
Meet our friends at the Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education (MAAE)! MAAE has been a part of the Kennedy Center for Arts Education Network (KCAAEN) since 1993, and is one of 3 organizations from Mississippi that is part of the national network (we’re one of them!).
MAAE has five main goals:
- serve as a common source of information and point of interaction concerning arts education for K-12 and higher education units, community and professional arts groups, the Department of Education and the Mississippi Arts Commission
- raise the awareness of the general public concerning arts education issues
- provide opportunities for collaboration and build partnerships among arts organizations
- cultivate legislative and governmental connections that promote the arts
- recognize and celebrate excellence in arts education throughout the state.
They offer professional development opportunities throughout the year (that provide CEU’s!), coordinate events to connect art educators across the state, and serve as an amazing advocate for arts education in the state. Learn more about MAAE on their website!