From our friends at MAAE:
Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education (MAAE) is seeking nominees for the 2013 Arts in Education Awards. Awards will be presented at the Arts in Education Awards Luncheon at the Whole Schools Institute to be held at the MSU Riley Center for Education and Performing Arts, Meridian, Mississippi the week of July 15-19, 2013 (Specific date to be announced).
Teachers, administrators and program/institution leaders may nominate themselves or their own programs, or others may nominate them. Each award category requires a completed nomination form, a narrative that answers several questions, and supporting documents. Deadline for receipt of the complete nomination packet is Friday, May 17, 2013. This is not a postmark date; it is a receipt deadline.
Please Note: Award recipients must be present at the Awards Luncheon at the Whole Schools Institute to receive the award.
Learn more about the awards on their website at http://www.msartsalliance.com/events/arts_ed_awards2013.htm
Need help with an application? Contact Megan at the Greenville Arts Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our friends at the Mississippi Alliance for Arts Education (MAAE)! MAAE has been a part of the Kennedy Center for Arts Education Network (KCAAEN) since 1993, and is one of 3 organizations from Mississippi that is part of the national network (we’re one of them!).
MAAE has five main goals:
- serve as a common source of information and point of interaction concerning arts education for K-12 and higher education units, community and professional arts groups, the Department of Education and the Mississippi Arts Commission
- raise the awareness of the general public concerning arts education issues
- provide opportunities for collaboration and build partnerships among arts organizations
- cultivate legislative and governmental connections that promote the arts
- recognize and celebrate excellence in arts education throughout the state.
They offer professional development opportunities throughout the year (that provide CEU’s!), coordinate events to connect art educators across the state, and serve as an amazing advocate for arts education in the state. Learn more about MAAE on their website!
You are invited to participate in Arts Day at the Capitol on March 26, 2013. Mark your calendar for this day, from 11-2 P.M., to show your support (by your presence and/or with student voices) for arts education for all students in Mississippi schools. Join the Mississippi Arts Commission and the Mississippi Alliance for Arts Educators in this advocacy opportunity!