We know that teachers and schools are increasingly being asked to do more with less resources. So we’ve rounded up some grants and funding opportunities that could provide more resources in the arts, technology, and literacy for our local schools and organizations. Interested in applying for a grant but not sure where to start? We’d love to help you out! We will keep this page updated with different grants as we hear of them – have one that you want to share? Let us know in the comment section!
Grants: Grants are funds provided through non-profits or foundations with a very specific purpose. These typically require a detailed budget, post-project reporting and letters of support.
- Mississippi Arts Commission
– Mini Grant: Up to $1,000 of matching funds for projects; Deadline June 1st and November 1st each year
– Special Project Grant: $250-5,000 of matching funds for projects; Deadline June 1st of each year
- Lowe’s Toolbox for Education: Up to $5,000; Deadline October of each year
- Toshiba: Up to $1,000; Deadline October 1st of each year
Funding/Product Donation Opportunities: These are some great places to get product or project donations for your classroom. Unlike a traditional granting program, product donations typically have limited reporting as follow up, other than thank you letters to your sponsors.
- Dick Blick’s Art Room Aid: Select your Dick Blick Products and promote your project to get donations for your classroom or arts organization.
- Donors Choose: This quickly growing charity site allows you to create a project and get donations to turn those classroom dreams into a reality.
- Liquitex: Product Sponsorship for Schools, Murals, or Arts Organizations.
- Prang Power: Earn points from purchasing Prang products and turn them into more supplies for your classroom.