It’s the big week! That’s right, we’re finally on our way to the Kennedy Center Partner in Education Annual Meeting in Washington D.C!
As a Kennedy Center Partner In Education Program, each year representatives from our partnership team (which includes Greenville Public and Western Line School Districts) meet in Washington D.C. to learn about similar programs all over the country. What’s in store for this year?
- Multiple keynote addresses by such speakers as professional futurist Garry Golden, education policy analyst Diane Ravitch, and PostSecret creator Frank Warren;
- An interview with Kennedy Center President Michael M. Kaiser;
- Sessions with such presenters as Grantmakers in the Arts executive director Janet Brown, arts education consultant Deborah Brzoska, Douglas Gould and Company principal Jennifer Hahn, education consultant Lynne Silverstein, and others;
- A performance at the Kennedy Center by Grammy Award-winning jazz vocalist Dianne Reeves (one performance ticket is included with each registration!); and
- Many opportunities to share with and learn from Partnership Team Members from across the country.
Can you see why we’re excited? If you’re planning on attending leave us a comment! Travel to this conference was supported by a minigrant from the Mississippi Arts Commission, the Mississippi state agency for the arts.